[Zope-PTK] CMF breaking CSS?

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:44:46 +0100

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 07:32:58PM -0700, Bill Anderson wrote:
> According to the CSS/HTML books I have, class statements are supposed to
> be case-insensitive.

What books are those? According to the W3 specs, class names are
case-sensitive.

- CSS specifies that attribute-value selectors only match case-insensitive
  if the attribute value is case-insensitive. 'class' selectors are a
  special case of attribute-value selectors.

- The HTML spec declares the class attribute-value to be case-sensitive.
  (It's type is marked as cdata-list [CS], where the [CS} marker signifies
  case-sensitivity).

As far as these specs go, I consider the W3 to be authorative :)

Even if your books were right this would not be a CMF bug but a user agent
bug; your browser would be in the wrong; it does the matching, not the CMF.

--
Martijn Pieters