[Zope-PTK] CMF Workflow Request Tickets

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
15 Mar 2001 20:28:08 GMT

Is anyone working on a request ticket object for CMF?

I am looking at developing one and I need it to tie into other CMF
workflow objects.

Basically, I am trying to develop a workflow system that is
request->accept based,  where a request ticket can be issued to
one or a group of individuals, who can then accept the ticket.
Accepting it creates another workflow object which is owned by the
acceptor. The acceptor workflow objects can be existing CMF objects
for all I care :^) and would be tracked separately by the object's
metadata via a workflow object status viewer.

This gets us back to heirachical objects - containerable object,
somewhat as with discussions:

http://cmf.zope.org/Members/jens/howto/discussion_upgrade/view

  A new object of class DiscussionItemContainer will be "injected"
  into a content item once people start "replying" to it and creating
  discussion items. This object will store all replies and implement
  the interface formerly provided by the Discussable base class.
  This also means that content items no longer subclass from
  Discussable.

Back to request tickets, As far as I can tell, a request ticket
system can probably exist as just another class of CMF objects,
with a base object just supporting a textual request.

Comments?