[Zope-PTK] Different permissions for different products

Adrian Madrid aem@byu.edu
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:34:33 -0800 (PST)

I've been playing a lot lately with the default
products and found that you can't assign different
permissions to documents, news items, etc. For
example, I wanted to let members add only favorites
and links and let owners add any kind of items. The
problem is that all the items have the same permission
setting (add portal content) which doesn't allow for
granularity.

I tried digging and adding another permission in the
sources but wasn't succesful. Anyhow, what is your
opinion? Shouldn't be a singular permission for each
type instead of a single catch-all permission?

BTW, I'd create my own products but I tried too many
times doing the (outdated) tutorials unsuccesfully.

=====
Adrian Esteban Madrid
Benson Institute, Webmaster
Brigham Young University