[Zope-PTK] CMF some basic Q

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:19:00 -0500

Bill Anderson wrote:
> All I am arguing for, is that Filesystem views should auto-update when
> changed, without running debug mode on the server(s).

In CMFCore you can find a bunch of references to
"Globals.DevelopmentMode".  Just change them all to "1".

I can understand your argument for not running in development mode.  The
problem is that no one has ever brought up that issue. :-)  We can
change the reference to "Globals.DevelopmentMode" to something else.
Note, however, that you usually don't want this feature enabled on
production sites anyway since it means a lot of os.stat() calls, which
can be expensive.

Shane