[Zope-PTK] CMF Dogbowl: workflow Proposal

albert boulanger aboulang@ldeo.columbia.edu
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 10:54:32 -0500 (EST)

   Actually I don't believe the WFMC's interfaces have quite the same
   intent.  The CMF interface is intended to do just barely enough to make
   arbitrary, dynamic workflow possible in Zope while the WFMC interface is
   designed for a more specific definition of workflow.  The CMF interface
   must be aware of security and the user interface while the WFMC
   interface should not.

   A better approach would be to create an object (a bridge) that converts
   WFMC workflow into CMF workflow, which is in fact what I was hoping
   would happen.

I wonder if there is a way to factor the security and lay the workflow
on top of it so that one could use the WFMC interface as is but with
security below. I gather one reason they are convoluted is security
based on actions.