[Zope-PTK] Re: where to find help

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 21:14:37 -0500

Thomas Velthoven wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We are new with this zope thing and we would like to learn how to installe
> the CMF from scrach on wndows
>
> It is hard!
>
> Where could I go for help?

First, the e-mail address you used is no longer current;  I am
only getting mail there sporadically, so please use my "digicool"
address instead.

Second, the best source of help for CMF problems is the mailing list,
zope-ptk@zope.org (which I am CC'ing).

Third, check out the "dogbowl" site:  http://cmf.zope.org.
Most of the resources you need are there, or are linked from
there (including mailing list archives, the issue tracker, etc.)

Your specific problem looks to be a combination of older versions
of the CMF/PTK (we haven't included LoginManager since July, for
instance, and the "PTK*" package names are obsolete) and an
unpatched Zope 2.3.0;  see Jeffrey Shell's one-line patch for
the problem:

  http://cmf.zope.org/Members/jshell/security_info.patch/view

Tres.