[Zope-PTK] department-based user management

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
22 Mar 2001 20:22:43 GMT

On 21 Mar 2001 18:00:00 -0600, Jon Franz wrote:
>I'm setting up a CMF site for a corporate intranet.  Using CMF topics I plan
>on simulating the organization by division, department and so-on.  While

>thoughts?  Do CMF topics have a facility for by-topic management I just
>don't know of offhand?  (I'm very much a newbie to CMF topics)  And any
>ideas on the user-creation problem?

I had recently mentioned the use of heirarchical object types for
this very sort of thing, including ownership/managment issues.  I
don't see that the current CMF would deal with this well in its
current form.