[Zope-CMF] Documentation request

Seb Bacon seb@jamkit.com
27 Mar 2001 19:06:35 +0100

I'm a CMF newbie, and I've been getting to grips with the CMF for a
couple of days.

Firstly, may praises be heaped upon the CMF team for building such an
exciting product.  It's really, really cool and I'm looking forward to
seeing it develop.

The documentation as it is at the moment has caused me no end of grief
by sending me in completely the wrong directions, because it refers to
out of date implementations. As an example, the doc string in
CMFCore/interfaces/Contentish.py reads:

    These methods need to be implemented by any class that wants to be a
    first-class citizen in the Portal Content world:
    def listActions()
    def getIcon()
    ... etc ...

in fact, these are services now provided by the portal_actions tool.
Assuming I have grasped the correct end of the stick.

The tool interfaces described in the Product are up to date, but the
tool interfaces described in the dogbowl refer to all sorts of things
which don't exist.  Similarly, lots of references and examples in the
mailing lists are now obselete.

Would it be possible to remove all the obselete material from the CVS
interfaces folder and the Docs section of the dogbowl?

In return, I'll try and write up some of my experiences once I'm
confident I grok the whole thing ;)

Seb.