[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.0 Released

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
30 Mar 2001 19:59:26 GMT

On 30 Mar 2001 06:45:00 -0600, Tres Seaver wrote:
>I am pleased to be able to announce the release of the 1.0
>version of the Content Management Framework:

> * A roadmap for future releases.  Please review the "proposed
>   enhancements", http://cmf.zope.org/rqmts/proposals, and create

Comments/questions:

1) "Portal Metadata Tool"

Do you have any idea as to how scoping of the policies? Will these
be handled as something like a policy property sheet so one can
change the policies at different locations in the site or will they
be site-wide?

2) "Enable Composite Content and Templates"

This looks really good and appears to meet the 'heirarchical objects'
that I was asking for, but even better.  The question I have is
how will ownership issues of subobjects be handled? where will
subobjects reside and will they be abole to acquire attributes of
parent objects? Will their slot location be implicitly managed by
their addform methods - either in context of the view in which they
are created, or some explicit mechanism?

Specifically, I need for different people to be able to create and
own different subobjects, but different attributes, such as Project
ID, etc. should be acquired so the subobjects don't have to store
metadata about their lineage so some kind of heirarchy is critical.
In particular, this would allow my tabular objects to be vastly
simplified wrt to the SQL queries that manage the tabular data.
I.e. keep the metadata in the CMF and the tabular data in SQL.

3) "Portal Events Tool"

Will this be primarily handled through the catalogger or will this
be a generic event interface - such as to handle the email on event
limitation?

Thanks!