[Zope-CMF] Re: [Zope] Permissions errors

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Tue, 1 May 2001 09:44:46 +0200

On Tuesday 01 May 2001 03:15, you wrote:
> Gitte Wange <gitte@mmmanager.org> wrote:
> > I have been fooling around with the permissions om my CMF Site
> > so my Members are no longer able to add new things to there own
> > folder. The permission  error is: You are not allowed to access
> > Identifier.  What permission settings is this Identifier using
> > and where should it be checked ?
>
> Gitte,
>
> You need to ask CMF-specific questions on the CMF mailing list
> (zope-cmf@zope.org, CC'ed);  most folks who hang out here have no
> idea what you are talking about.
>
> 'Identifier' is one of the Dublin Core methods, and is protected
> by the 'View' permission.  It is called by the various metadata
> editing forms, in order to display it (it is read only, and is
> in fact the 'absolute_url()' of the content object.
>
> You will need to supply more details (the full traceback would
> help), if you can't figure it out from here.
>
> Tres.

Sorry Tres - thought it might be a Zope error.

When I try to add e.g. a document to a Member's folder, it comes with a login
prompt. When I hit cancel, it comes with the following error.

Well here's the traceback:

Zope Error

                 Zope has encountered an error while publishing this
resource.

                 Unauthorized

                 You are not authorized to access Identifier.

                 Traceback (innermost last):
                   File
/usr/local/Zope-2.3.0-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 223,
in publish_module
                   File
/usr/local/Zope-2.3.0-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187,
in publish
                   File
/usr/local/Zope-2.3.0-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 171,
in publish
                   File
/usr/local/Zope-2.3.0-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160,
in mapply
                     (Object: metadata_edit_form)
                   File
/usr/local/Zope-2.3.0-linux2-x86/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 112,
in call_object
                     (Object: metadata_edit_form)
                   File
/usr/local/Zope-2.3.0-linux2-x86/lib/python/Products/CMFCore/FSDTMLMethod.py,
line 218, in __call__
                     (Object: metadata_edit_form)
                   File
/usr/local/Zope-2.3.0-linux2-x86/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py,
line 538, in __call__
                     (Object: metadata_edit_form)
                   File
/usr/local/Zope-2.3.0-linux2-x86/lib/python/Products/CMFCore/FSDTMLMethod.py,
line 238, in validate
                     (Object: metadata_edit_form)
                   File
/usr/local/Zope-2.3.0-linux2-x86/lib/python/AccessControl/SecurityManager.py,
line 144, in validate
                   File
/usr/local/Zope-2.3.0-linux2-x86/lib/python/AccessControl/ZopeSecurityPolicy.py,
line 199, in validate
                 Unauthorized: (see above)

                 Troubleshooting Suggestions

                       The URL may be incorrect.
                       The parameters passed to this resource may be
incorrect.
                       A resource that this resource relies on may be
encountering an error.

                 For more detailed information about the error, please refer
to the HTML source for this page.

                 If the error persists please contact the site maintainer.
Thank you for your patience.

Any good ideas ?

Regards, Gitte