[Zope-CMF] inserting color into a table in a cmf type document

Norman Khine khine@bmpublications.co.uk
Wed, 2 May 2001 12:19:35 +0100

Hello seb,
No there is no trace back, the server just restarts, by its own accord, when
I click on modify. So this can be a dangerous thing if somebody puts <body>
tag within the html script, won't you agree?

Also I was thinking more in the lines of treating each different document as
individual document, which currently it is I suppose, but when you want to
add the html formating it causes problems. Is it possible to tell zope, to
treat a certain area  in differently, a bit like the <java script> <java
script> I suppose, so that anything within that is not being in any way
affected by the setting the zope has in its style sheet properties.

Thanks for your help

Norman

-----Original Message-----
From: seb bacon [mailto:seb@jamkit.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 11:42 AM
To: Norman Khine
Cc: Zope-Cmf
Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] inserting color into a table in a cmf type
document

Hi,

You need to be more specific, but basically, it's an html problem,
probably.

<snip>
> OK, this can import, but what happens is if I add the tag for page color
> such as <body bgcolor="ffffcc"> the zope server crashes.

what do you mean, crashes?  Is there a traceback?  Do you have to
restart it?  If you are uploading these html snippets as Documents,
you can't add a <body> tab, because there's already one in the
standard_html_header skin (see skins documentation on the website).

> I suppose it is getting confused with the actual page's background color.
> And if I include the <bgcolor="ffffcc"> in the table properties, which
> reneders correctly when called straight from the file on the browser, but
it
> does not renders properly when it is imported into the CMF.

the bgcolor attribute of table won't work in all browsers.  but
anyway, the reason it's not working here could be that the CMF
stylesheet has properties that have priority.  again, see the skins.
if you want to control table colours in 4.0+ browsers, you should look
at customising the stylesheets rather than individual tables.

seb