[Zope-CMF] inserting color into a table in a cmf type document

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Wed, 2 May 2001 14:38:36 +0100

* Norman Khine <khine@bmpublications.co.uk> [010502 13:16]:
> Hello seb,
> No there is no trace back, the server just restarts, by its own accord, when
> I click on modify. So this can be a dangerous thing if somebody puts <body>
> tag within the html script, won't you agree?

yes, but I don't get this behaviour.  assuming you're using a Document
Type, the only thing the CMF does with body tags is assume that what's
between them is the relevant content, and only inlcudes that which is
between them.  therefore you'll lose the head section and the body
tags themlselves.

> Also I was thinking more in the lines of treating each different document as
> individual document, which currently it is I suppose, but when you want to
> add the html formating it causes problems. Is it possible to tell zope, to
> treat a certain area  in differently, a bit like the <java script> <java
> script> I suppose, so that anything within that is not being in any way
> affected by the setting the zope has in its style sheet properties.

the stylesheets aren't Zope, they're CSS.  however, the default ones
use class identifiers to control display, so they're unlikely to
interfere with your own table.  i'm not sure what's wrong with your
table, but in any case, it is unlikely to be the CMF, since it hardly
touches your html when it is uploaded.  therefore it's more likely to
be a function of how your snippet is incorporated into the rest of the
CMF layout logic, i.e. something like the CMF's CSS.  save the source
of your rendered page, and work off that, and you'll eventually find
the problem.  if you're sure it's something zope is doing to your
table, compare the source of your table snippet with the source as
zope is rendering it.  good luck,

seb