[Zope-CMF] Re: more prose about workflow changes

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Thu, 3 May 2001 11:21:00 +0100

* Shane Hathaway <shane@digicool.com> [010502 21:18]:
> Jeff Sasmor wrote:
> > As it stands now, if you search for something (that is, using the
> > text box in the top-bar) then even if a portalcontent is in an unpublished
> > state it still shows up. The search.dtml method ought to be able to screen
> > out unpublished stuff. Or the portal_catalog should. User's ought not to get
> > links that don't work or don't take them where they expect to go.
>
> Again, there's a bug on your site.  When everything is working right,
> nothing in the "private" or "pending" state shows up in the search
> results for anonymous users, nor can they get to it even via URL.  This
> is accomplished through the magic of the "allowedRolesAndUsers" field of
> the catalog.

Actually, I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's deliberate, but I
noticed a while back that if you create articles as an administrator,
logged in from outside the portal, they *do* appear in searches.  I
haven't investigated further since, however.  The problem doesn't
occur if you log in as a normal member.

seb