[Zope-CMF] sitin with a designer

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Thu, 3 May 2001 11:34:00 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: tres [mailto:tres]On Behalf Of Tres Seaver
Sent: 03 May 2001 00:54
To: Jon Edwards
Cc: zope-cmf@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] sitin with a designer

Heh, patches would help more. :)

Jon >> ....but I'm in the UK, what do I care?! ;-)

Actually a lot of our clients are in the UK National Health Service, so
accessibility is important to us ...but I'm working on expanding the
stylesheets bit to incorporate some of the ZStylesheet functionality, so
once that's done I'll look at accessibility issues and try to contribute.

I notice a lot of health-related sites over here get round the problem by
having a link from their fancy-designed page to a "Text Only Version". Skins
is obviously an ideal tool for this. Maybe a short-term fix would be to
include the Printable skin in the standard distribution of the CMF, and the
link to "Printable Page" in the standard_top_bar?

In the meantime, if anyone wants to see how accessible their site is, try
the Bobby tester - http://www.cast.org/bobby/ - it will show any problems
and give suggestions on how to fix them.

Cheers, Jon