[Zope-CMF] Customizing discussion_reply_form in a "Zope Version"

Flynt rhess@bic.ch
Fri, 04 May 2001 01:20:12 +0200

Hi

I ran into something weird and didn't manage to understand, what was the
problem:
I was playing with *working in a version* and CMF. In the version, I
customized discussion_reply_form (inserting a "RE: " in front of the
automatically inserted title of the reply form. That did work, but:

I got "NotFound" errors, when trying to reply to portal document (when
clicking the reply button in the form). And it was one of the "NotFound"
errors, where the calling URL was **not** shown in the trace. However, a
reply was generated and showed up on a catalog search (and was
viewable), but not connected to the document (no reply at the foot of
the document). A look in the catalog showed the reply item, but with an
URL of (Portal is the root of the CMF site): /Portal//talkback/98464837
and had to be removed manually from the catalog (the two slashes after
/Portal is no typo !). The earlier mentioned error page one got during
the creation of the reply item, showed the user "anonymous" whereas
reply was generated by a member.

Did anyone experience something like that ? Is it possible, to work with
the Zope version mechanism on stuff in a CMF site (especially with the
"customizing" mechanism) ?

Thank's for any comment !

Flynt