[Zope-CMF] Discussable disappeared.

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Wed, 9 May 2001 21:56:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Ignacio Valdes wrote:

> So could this be a bug? I've definitely had discussable
> switched on from the beginning, yet everything is being
> populated as not discussable. -- IV

It could be a bug.  I would be trying to debug it by creating
a DTML method to dump the relevant attributes, so:

----------- Cut here -----------------------

Object's 'allow_discussion':  <dtml-var allow_discussion missing="n/a">

<dtml-let type_name=Type
          tool="portal_types"
          type_info="tool.getTypeInfo( type_name )"

Object's Type():              <dtml-var type_name>

Object's type object ID:      <dtml-var expr="type_info.getId()">

Type object allowDiscussion:  <dtml-var expr="type_info.allowDiscussion()">

</dtml-let>
----------- Cut here -----------------------

Try running that DTML Method against one of your "undiscussable"
content objects.

When I run this against a newly-created Document in a just-created
CMF Site, I get:

----------- Cut here -----------------------
Object's 'allow_discussion':  n/a

Object's Type():              Document

Object's type object ID:      Document

Type object allowDiscussion:

When I enable discussions for the Document type object, I get:

Object's 'allow_discussion':  n/a

Object's Type():              Document

Object's type object ID:      Document

Type object allowDiscussion:  on