[Zope-CMF] Changing Object Creator

Flynt rhess@bic.ch
Thu, 10 May 2001 18:08:31 +0200

"Rolander, Dan" wrote:

> Is it possible to change the creator of an object? I have inadvertently
> created some things as Zope manager, and I'd like them to be listed as
> created by my CMF login. How do I do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

The same question was answered yesterday by Tim and Dieter
on the dev list. I just copy and paste it here:

tim@bcswebservices.net (Tim McLaughlin):
--SNIP----
Magnus,
No, changeOwnership is not exposed for TTW calling.  But you can expose
it
through an external method...  I used this one on a ZClass.

def set_owner(self, user):
    self.changeOwnership(user)
    return

--Tim
--SNIP--------------

and Dieter Maurer (dieter@handshake.de):

--SNIP-------------

You do not look good enough or do not use the right tools, such
as e.g.

  URL:http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/DocFinder.html

"DocFinder" revealed:

  Methods to manage ownership are in "AccessControl.Owned.Owned".

  There is "getOwner" and "changeOwnership". Both are private
  (i.e. can be used only in Products and external methods).

Dieter

HTH
Flynt

Regards