[Zope-CMF] Remembering things about members

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Fri, 11 May 2001 13:16:24 -0400

I get that too, when I try to access it when not logged in.  Looking further
down in the error it seems to be something related to a 'reply' I made to my
own page, to add some info (since it was published, I can't edit it
anymore)....

Other wierdness... I tried to recreate the error, by logging out, but then
when I access my homepage again, I'm logged in again!  I think there's
something wrong with the site....

Until then, try looking at the dtml's:

http://cmf.zope.org/Members/bowerymarc/full/view
http://cmf.zope.org/Members/bowerymarc/metadata/view

And I'll cut'n'paste the notes at the bottom:

> From: corbet@lwn.net (Jonathan Corbet)
> Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 11:04:52 -0600
> To: marc lindahl <marc@bowery.com>
> Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] Remembering things about members
>
>> It's supposed to be cataloged... are you logged in as a member?
>
> Me too:
>
> Error value: User corbet is not allowed to access /CMF/Members/bowerymarc,
> which is contained in [<PortalFolder instance at 8ae1650>,
> <PortalFolder instance at 87b9f00>,
> <CMFSite instance at 8783628>,
> <Application instance at 8890208>].
> The user, whose roles are ('Member',), would need to have one of the following
> roles: ('Owner', 'Manager', 'Reviewer').
>
> jon

to try it:

1.just cusomize metadata_edit_form and full_metadata_edit_form (from
basic/content skin) into, say, custom, and paste this code in.

2.add a portal_metadata tool to your portal if you don't already have one.

3.in the portal metadata tool, under the elements tab, pick subject and put
some stuff into the vocabulary list. E.G.: member, homepage, photo, essay,
diatribe, former cia. Now update. Notice how you can make different lists
for different content types. Way cool! Make a list for rights (e.g. mine,
GPL, ZPL), formats, languages (really, this should be the official list of
languages)

4.pick metadata from the actions box, for some document or file, and you
should see this list presented, instead of the usual blank box. Pick edit
full metadata to see all the others as well.

The cool thing about this is, then you can use PortalTopics to give you
meaningful directories in your site.

Created by bowerymarc. Last modified on 2001/05/08

I found out something more about these scripts... you need to change the
security settings for listPolicies in portal_metatype tool... basically,
check 'em all, and it'll work!!