[Zope-CMF] CookieCrumbler/WebDAV bug

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Thu, 17 May 2001 18:30:38 +0100

There was a conversation some time ago about the fact that webDAV was
broken in MemberFolders, for which I was going to file a collector
issue, and didn't...

Anyway, I've discovered what the problem is.  When you try to access a
member folder, cookiecrumbler takes over and tries to redirect you to
the login page.  The correct behaviour for webDAV clients should be to
raise a basic auth challenge.  Easy enough to fix, but I can't for the
life of me work out how you can identify webDAV clients, server side.
Usually you could tell because the HTTP method would be something
other than GET or POST, but you can't rely on that.  If anyone can
tell me, I'll post a patch...

seb