[Zope-CMF] catalog and Subject metadata

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Thu, 17 May 2001 16:38:38 -0400

> Anyway, I was expecting the Subject field of the DublinCore metadata
> to be a keyword index in the catalog, but nothing from the Subject
> field is being indexed at all, AFAIK.  This is on a CVS CMF.

Hmmm.... it's working for me.  But then again, I modified the subject input
(metadata_edit_form) to put in a list, and using portal_metadata to define
the list (info on my page http://cmf.zope.org/bowerymarc)

> Should Subject be a keyword index out of the box?  I've checked the
> portal_catalog tool which seems to think it's indexing Subjects.  However,
> the only fields that seem to be indexed at all are those returned by
> the SearchableText of a content type.

So, if you look at one of your cataloged objects (clicking on it's name in
portal_catalog/catalog), you don't see anything listed for Subject?