[Zope-CMF] catalog and Subject metadata

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Fri, 18 May 2001 07:01:22 -0400

marc lindahl wrote:

> > Anyway, I was expecting the Subject field of the DublinCore metadata
> > to be a keyword index in the catalog, but nothing from the Subject
> > field is being indexed at all, AFAIK.  This is on a CVS CMF.
> >

> Hmmm.... it's working for me.  But then again, I modified the subject input
> (metadata_edit_form) to put in a list, and using portal_metadata to define
> the list (info on my page http://cmf.zope.org/bowerymarc)
>
> > Should Subject be a keyword index out of the box?  I've checked the
> > portal_catalog tool which seems to think it's indexing Subjects.  However,
> > the only fields that seem to be indexed at all are those returned by
> > the SearchableText of a content type.
> >

> So, if you look at one of your cataloged objects (clicking on it's name in
> portal_catalog/catalog), you don't see anything listed for Subject?

The "Quick Search" box in the standard header only searches the
"SearchableText" index, which presumably is the content's "full text".
The Subject field, like the rest of the metadata, is not included in
that index by default;  to remedy this, you can either:

 - Hack or derive from CMFCore.CatalogTool to add the desired metadata
   to the class at indexing time;

 - Hack the SearchableText method on your content classes to included
   the desired metadata directly.

Tres.