[Zope-CMF] Subject field in metadata

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Fri, 18 May 2001 12:02:18 -0400

This is interesting -- I had approached 'Subject' as a controlled list, so
it would be fixed (or updated or evolved) by the admin in the
portal_metatypes tool (once the bugs are shaken out!), and those would be
the only choices...  seems you're approaching it as, the list is evolved
free-form by the content creators!  For some types of sites, it's a great
idea, especially if the metadata_edit form presented both the list of
pre-existing subjects and an input box for a new subject, giving the creator
the opportunity to re-use existing subjects.