[Zope-CMF] Sneak preview - workflow

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Tue, 22 May 2001 16:38:36 +0100

* Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> [010522 15:36]:
> *sheepish grinz*
>
> As before, Seb comes up with a more measured and ultimately sensible response...

poo-poo ;)

Just wanted to chime in with this:
> One final comment though, if it appears that DC are 'cherry-picking' the best
> ideas after discussing them with the community and then closed-sourcing the
> results, the might discourage the community from getting involved in those
> discussions.

I don't think it *does* appear like that, but there's certainly a
danger.  That's why when Shane says:

> Since the inception of the idea of web-configurable workflow months ago,
> we chose to keep our options open as to whether it should be open sourced
> or not.

...I think it highlights the importance of keeping choices such as these
'Open Source' as well, since it does effect the community as a whole.

> It may also, in the extreme, raise the wrath of the FSF fundamentalists, which
> would be unpleasant for all of us...

run for the hills...

seb