[Zope-CMF] Portal BTree Folder alpha available

Dan L. Pierson dan@control.com
Tue, 22 May 2001 15:11:04 -0400

We need a Members folder that can handle thousands of members with
reasonable
performance so I've merged Shane's BTreeFolder with PortalFolder.  The first
version is now uploaded to the dogbowl with a news item to announce it.
Y'all
should be able to see it as soon as it gets reviewed.

Now for the request for help :-)  I had to cut and paste a lot more of the
BTreeFolder code than I wanted to -- essentially all of it.  Otherwise the
folder appeared to work but failed to use btree storage or the UI.  It seems
that there's something I don't understand about multiple inheritance in
Zope.
I'd appreciate any advice on how to make the implementation lighter weight.

Dan Pierson