[Zope-CMF] Portal BTree Folder alpha available

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 08:44:25 +0100

"Dan L. Pierson" wrote:

> We need a Members folder that can handle thousands of members with
> reasonable
> performance so I've merged Shane's BTreeFolder with PortalFolder.  The first
> version is now uploaded to the dogbowl with a news item to announce it.
> Y'all
> should be able to see it as soon as it gets reviewed.

Cool, just a small check though...

Did you change the code to use the new BTrees?

IIRC, you need to change:

from BTree import BTree
...to...
from BTrees import OOBTree

...you'll then need to change references to BTree (I think there's only the one)
to OOBTree

BTW, I remember comments on a mailing list from Shane saying that he and Jim had
discussed this problem and found an even mroe efficient solution than just using
BTree's. I think the details might be in the zope-dev archive, but if not, maybe
Shane could help you out :-)

cheers,

Chris