[Zope-CMF] Versioned Documents (was: Workflow first cut is ready)

Robert Rottermann robert@rocad.ch
Fri, 25 May 2001 08:44:48 +0200

> Things get a little murkier if you consider that old versions of an
> object are modifiable, can contain discussions and their own version
> information, and will never go away.  When an object is copied to a
> version, does the copy participate in a different workflow than the
> original?

As soon an object is copied to the "versions archive" it should be frozen.
No more discussion or other input is allowed.
I for some reason an old version has to be revitalized it must become a new
object.

This is necessary to be able to "prove" what status a document had at a
given point in time.

Robert