[Zope-CMF] Portal Folder or ZClass problems

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Fri, 25 May 2001 16:38:07 +0100

* Jeff <jeff@thecolemans.ws> [010525 16:00]:
> Thanks!
> I'm using the ObjectManager to use the ZClass Subobjects tab to control what
> appears in the Add list.
> What are the 'PortalFolder's special portal-only features'?
> It would seem I could use either ObjectManager or PortalFolder as the base
> class.
> Thanks,
> Jeff

PortalFolder provides lots of pretty crucial CMF services, like
a PUT factory, content filtering and in interface to creating content
using the TypesTool (i.e. invokeFactory).  If you just inherit from
PortalFolder you could use its own allowed types filter to restrict
subobjects.

seb