[Zope-CMF] Versioned Documents (was: Workflow first cut is ready)

albert boulanger aboulang@ldeo.columbia.edu
Sat, 26 May 2001 09:57:41 -0400 (EDT)

   On the other hand, there seems to be a lot of download traffic directly from
   the CVS on sites like mozilla.org. So I am a bit confused whether it would
   be better to integrate CVS into Zope or just take the functionality offered
   by CVS and integrate it into the ZODB natively.

   Currently the latter seems the better option to me.

I like the path to making Zope support web-dav deltav like subversion.
Subversion looks really nice BTW. For documents I would use localfs
for storage as well. (As been mentioned Paul  has been a sponser
for this way.) Subversion is a superset of CVS.

  Funny you should mention that.... Paul has been lobbying on an off to
  have Zope work as a Subversion server.  "Subversion",
     http://subversion.tigris.org/
    uses a subset of the "DeltaV" versioning extensions for WebDAV to
  provide a superset of CVS' behavior; we already support most of the
  semantics in the ZODB.

  Tres.

Regards
Albert Boulanger