[Zope-CMF] Re: WebDAV MKCOL

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Mon, 28 May 2001 16:58:51 +0100

> > I think that the manage_MKCOL solution is a decent compromise.  It
> > does involve hacking the ObjectManager and NullResource source, but
> > doesn't hijack the existing folder method, thus avoiding any kind of
> > assumption about the folder nature of a Collection in its semantics.
> > A PUT_factory clone is uneccesary, IMO.
>
> Whether it's manage_MKCOL or MKCOL_factory is irrelevant.  The point is
> that when webdav.NullResource is going through the MKCOL() method, it
> needs to give the destination a chance to decide what to create.

Sure.  I was making vague, murky assumptions about how PUT_factory worked
without actually looking at how it worked.  D'oh.

> ... This
> might involve a simple Fishbowl proposal, however, as it's a change that
> needs to go into the Zope core.

I guess this means we'll have a bit of a wait before it becomes part
of the core, then.  Someone mentioned a 1.1 release with webDAV fixes
was imminent - perhaps it might be a good idea to hijack
manage_addFolder for now,  since lacking the ability to make
collections makes the webDAV interface a bit useless, IMO.  Or is it
feasible to get this change into 2.4a?

(looking forward to Zope versions overtaking linux kernels soon ;)

seb