[Zope-CMF] feature request topics

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Tue, 29 May 2001 10:32:20 -0400 (EDT)

On 29 May 2001, Bill Anderson wrote:

> But since we ar eon the subject of Topic feature requests :)
> IMO, a Topic should not display matches any subtopics have.
>
> For example, if I have a 'top-level' topic "Articles", which has as it's
> criteria meta_type='Article', and a sub-topic subject=['Zope''], Zope
> articles should not show up on the Articles' view method.

The trick here is that we need help from the Catalog to make
this happen.  The old ZTopics did this by reaching into the viscera
of the catalog and caching the result sets from individual index
queries;  it could then do the set difference operations on those
results to accomplish your goal.

Once 2.4's "drop-in" indexes land, I expect to see "Topic indexes"
sprout, which would move the logic for this manipulation into a
smart index.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                               tseaver@palladion.com