[Zope-CMF] Refining the disposition of published-documentrevisions

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Wed, 30 May 2001 03:31:33 -0400

This is a very clear summary.

Another potential implementation avenue is to create revision-aware
content types.  For instance, a formatted document class which contained
multiple revisions -- a public revision and a current revision.  An
instance would always render a version of itself to visitors based on
the public revision while workflow was pending for the current revision
(if they differed).  This is actually pretty simple.

This would have the benefit that no path-munging nor ZODB changes would
be necessary.  OTOH, all content types would need to be modified to
support this behavior.

- C