[Zope-CMF] FSDTML class and document_src()

Lucas Hofman lucas.hofman@pgs.com
Wed, 30 May 2001 13:40:25 +0200

Is there a good reason why the FSDTML class does not have a
document_src() method. The DTML class has one.

Is it usefull to implement the following: i want the initial members
home page to be skinnable, instead of hardcoded in membership.py.
Therefore I changed to code which creates the index_html method to:
            Document.addDocument(
                f,
                'index_html',
                id+"'s Home",
                id+"'s Home Page",
                "html",
                user_template.document_src()
                )
Where usertemplate is set by:
        user_template = self.index_html_template

Works fine, until you move pack index_html_template to the filesystem.
When restarted a FSDTML method is created which does not support
document_src.
When customizing index_html_template everything works again of course,
but if there is not a good reason for this incompatibility between
FSDTML and DTML methods I would like to see document_src added.

Cheers,
--
Lucas Hofman
PGS Research                                    work: +47 67514059