[Zope-CMF] Refining the disposition of published-documentrevisions

albert boulanger aboulang@ldeo.columbia.edu
Wed, 30 May 2001 08:03:09 -0400 (EDT)

If I may turn things around a bit on this thinking. I propose a view
of workflow and versioning that is sort of inverted from the way being
discussed. I have actually implemented somthing like this for our
products at vPatch:

Think about the work and the workflow itself in a workflow being
versioned. In our system all the materials (documents) in a workflow
is in a collection that is available from a versioned workflow.

In theory, one could do it both ways as one is like an inverted index
of the other if versioning is done in a consistant way across entities.

Regards,
Albert Boulanger
aboulanger@vpatch.com