[Zope-CMF] FSDTML class and document_src()

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Wed, 30 May 2001 08:31:10 -0400

Lucas Hofman wrote:

> Is there a good reason why the FSDTML class does not have a
> document_src() method. The DTML class has one.
>
> Is it usefull to implement the following: i want the initial members
> home page to be skinnable, instead of hardcoded in membership.py.
> Therefore I changed to code which creates the index_html method to:
>             Document.addDocument(
>                 f,
>                 'index_html',
>                 id+"'s Home",
>                 id+"'s Home Page",
>                 "html",
>                 user_template.document_src()
>                 )
> Where usertemplate is set by:
>         user_template = self.index_html_template
>
> Works fine, until you move pack index_html_template to the filesystem.
> When restarted a FSDTML method is created which does not support
> document_src.
> When customizing index_html_template everything works again of course,
> but if there is not a good reason for this incompatibility between
> FSDTML and DTML methods I would like to see document_src added.

Hmm, the current CVS *does* have a document_src method.  For instance,
I just created a new CMFSite, opened its home page, and could retrieve
the values:

   http://localhost:8080/test_document_src/index_html/document_src

It looks as though Martijn fixed this when he was refactoring the FS*
objects, shortly after the 1.0 release.

I am working on a 1.1beta release today, so you should be able to
try it out without resorting to CVS.

Tres.