[Zope-CMF] [OT] CVS, PythonScripts and Line Endings

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 30 May 2001 21:41:35 +0100

> I've traced the problem to the fact that CMFCore.FSPythonMethod
> instance open their files in binary mode.  Please create a tracker
> issue on this bug:
>
>   http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker
>
> so that I don't lose track of it.

BTW, I think this problem might afflict normal Python Scripts too.

We have an HTTP testing harness that creates some Python Scripts via HTTP
puts. The source for the scripts is stored on disk and checked into CVS.
Whenever it's checked out on a windows box, the script creation fails with
Python syntax errors indicating incorrect indentation.

We worked around this problem by checking the script source files in as
binary, but I wonder if there isn't a better solution by modifying the
PythonScript product somehow?

cheers,

Chris

PS: Is FSPythonScript in the CMF distribution now?