SV: [Zope-CMF] Localization

Magnus Heino magnus.heino@pleon.sigma.se
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 13:11:17 +0100

> Well I have translated a complete CMF site into danish .. some other
> guys have translated it into french (I think) ... and there could be
> more people out there.

I just got a mail from David Pravec who had translated it to czech too...

When you say "translated a complete CMF site into danish", what do you mean?
Did you customize the CMFDecor skin, did you change the .pt-files in the
filesystem or what?

> I _think_ the best thing we could do was to decide on what translation
> product we would use (I recommend ZBabel because it's easy to use and
> because of the little extension product released this morning).

I tried it a couple of hours ago, and didn't get it to work. I'll give it
another chance then i guess...

I do like the gettext approach of Localizer though.

> And when we agree on a translation product we could get our modified
> versions of the skins into CMF (see guys - we have done all the work
> *S*) ... and then just make every new skin in the official CMF release
> come with this localization support.

Well, imho something needs to be done in the Zope core, to support
localization.

/Magnus