SV: SV: [Zope-CMF] Localization

Magnus Heino magnus.heino@pleon.sigma.se
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 14:42:40 +0100

> > Did you customize the CMFDecor skin, did you change the .pt-files in the
> > filesystem or what?
>
> Arh no - I haven't converted into ZPT skins yet :-(
> So it's all the dtml skins I have translated using ZBabel ....

Ah, ok. Well, I on the other hand hasn't touched dtml once since the first
version of ZPT was available...

ZBabel seems a bit DTML-centric to me...?

> > > I _think_ the best thing we could do was to decide on what translation
> > > product we would use (I recommend ZBabel because it's easy to use and
> > > because of the little extension product released this morning).
> >
> > I tried it a couple of hours ago, and didn't get it to work.
> I'll give it
> > another chance then i guess...
> >
> > I do like the gettext approach of Localizer though.
>
> Well I read somewhere that ZBabel will support this in the future ?

There is a description of everything the the Localizer can do at
http://estce.act.uji.es:9673/localizer/

It supports both dtml and zpt, localization of images, python scripts,
DTMLfile and PageTemplateFile classes etc.

You can import/export the gettext PO files too.

/Magnus