[Zope-CMF] programmatically publish content (was: Re: Advice please ....)

Grégoire Weber gregoire.weber@switzerland.org
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 19:02:30 +0100

Hello Norman,

I'll have a closer look at this on monday because I'll leave
home in some minutes. Ok?

In the mean time, (if you konw about python) have a look at
the DTML pages and scripts behind the publish mechanism.

A good point to start is:

   - /<your portals home>/portal_skins/content/content_publish_form

   - /<your portals home>/portal_skins/content/content_status_modify

You possibly need to use proxy roles, but I am not sure for the
moment.

Greg

At 13:56 10.11.01 -0000, you wrote:
> Hello Gregoire,
>
> Sorry to bother you like this, but I am a bit stuck, in trying to figure=
 on
> how to extend your example for the CMFDefaultHotfix so that the index page
> that contains an image -- is being generated and both to have a
> review_state= 'published'.
>
> Here is the background to why I want to do this:
>
> I am using MySQLUserFolder which has ~40K members, everything works fine,
> meaning that when a user is authenticated through MySQL the CMF creates a
> folder which has an image and an index_html.dtml method. The problem is=
 that
> you cannot see the image until you actually publish it. What I need is to=
 be
> able to make the initial index_html and Image files published, until a
> member changes them.
>
> Try out my CMF site at http://www.khine.net/ I hope it makes sense.
>
> Many thanks for your help.
>
> Norman
>
> zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
> zz/********/z/****\zzz|****\*\zz|*******|z
> z/^^^^^^^^/z/******\zz|*^^^^|*|z|*|^^^^^|z norman khine
> zzzzzz/**/z|**/^^\**|z|*|zzz|*|z|*|zzzzzzz mailto:norman@khine.net
> zzzzz/**/zz|*|zzzz|*|z|****/*/zz|*****|zzz purley
> z/******/zz|*|zzzz|*|z|*|^^zzzzz|*|^^^|zzz UK
> zzZ/**/zzzz|**\^^/**|z|*|zzzzzzz|*|zzzzzzz
> z/^^^^^^/zzzz\^^^^/zzz|^|zzzzzzz|^^^^^^^|z
> zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Grégoire Weber
mailto:gregoire.weber@switzerland.org