[Zope-CMF] cache managers in cmf

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 06:23:21 -0500

seb bacon wrote:

> Shane, I've copied you in on this because it seems you are 'the man'
> wrt cache managers.  Have you anything to add?  Should I look at
> adding cache support for FSObjects myself, or is this Very Difficult?

The problem lies in the fact that FSObjects don't have any truly
persistent representation, outside of the file from which they were
loaded;  therefore, there is no place to hang the binding to a
given cache manager.  In a sense, this is the same problem that
FSSQLMethods have;  they need to know their connection object, but
can't possibly have proper access to it until *after* they are loaded
from the filesystem.

I think Chris used a hard-wired connection name for FSSQLMethods;
perhaps something similar would be required for cache management.

Tres.