[Zope-CMF] CMF and Permissions?

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 00:33:32 -0600

Hi.

I am trying to restrict anonymous view of my intranet (root of my CMF site)
while allow anonymous views to my public website (a subfolder in my CMF
site).  Zope is not liking what I'm doing.  I think its because of the
traversing and how CMF munges it maybe.  I would appreciate any help.

/ Root
--/client_portal (CMF instance, Anonymous should not be able to View)
   --/client_public_website (Portal Folder that contains content, Anonymous
should be able to View)

intranet.client.com is virtual hosted to /client_portal
www.client.com is virtual hosted to /client_portal/client_public_website

in client_portal I have uncheck 'acquire' permissions on View and not
allowed Anonymous to view
on client_public_website I have unchecked 'acquire' on View and allowed
Anonymous and everyone else

if you goto www.client.com it horks trying to redirect you to /loginform
(this is CookieCrumbler) doing this.

how are you guys using CMF in this style of publishing?  should I have 2 CMF
instances?  1 that does 'Internal' CMF
and on the same level have a 'Public' CMF?

between this and standard_error_message not working As Expected(tm) -- I'm
starting to worry.  I am in need of help.

Note: I'm using exUserFolder to do my authentication (because its far
superior and easier than any other alternative), I've heard the 'new'
security mgmt API has broken exUserFolder quite seriously.  This is bad.

thanks,
~runyaga