[Zope-CMF] folder content (big post)

Stephan Göldi Stephan Göldi
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:56:19 +0100

In CMF, when I add a folder (not portal folder) via the ZMI, it is viewable
in CMF. When I click on "folder content", it is not seen and not editable.

When I add a portal folder (via the "folder content" functionality of CMF),
it is seen by "folder content". But these folders behave different than
standard folders:

portal folders seem to include the functionality of standard_html_header and
standard_html_footer. I do not have to include these two tags in an
index_html. The standard zope folder needs these two tags. One level above
resides an index_html, which includes these two tags. The index_html is
needed, because the subfolders shall display some pre-formatted stuff.

Now the standard Zope folders display everything correct, while the portal
folders display the standard_html_headers twice. So the actions_box and the
top of the CMF is displayed twice.

So I need an answer on how I get these standard folders (not portal folders)
seen, when I click on "folder content". I have to edit the folder itself
(description etc.) AND the content (portal image etc.).

Did I miss something essential?

The other approach is, handling index_html on another way. Perhaps i missed
a basic cmf philosophy?

When I change index_html in the 'custom' folder, it is clear, that the top
level appearance of cmf is changed. But what, if I want to change the
appearance of a subfolder? Is it correct, to create a dtml method in this
subfolder as index_html? The problem is, that the above mentioned
functionality of headers and footers doesn't work anymore, when i create
such a method outside of cmf.

Goeldi.com - Internet Services
www.goeldi.com
web@goeldi.com