[Zope-CMF] registering python products

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 15:34:10 -0700

Hello,

My python products are not showing up when users click 'New'.  Here's what I
have done:

Installed CMFBoringProduct - this works fine after installing the product
and following the tutorial.

I made a copy of the CMFBoringProduct directory and contents, then renamed
all instances related to Boring to Market (I'm creating a Market Item).
This includes CMFBoringPermissions.py to MarketItemPermissions.py.

So far so good. I can restart zope, the Product appears healthy in the
control panel, and I can click on portal_types and add it by

1. Clicking on the Content tab
2. From the drop down, select Factory-based content information
3. Type my name 'Market Item', and select the proper item (CMFInside:
MarketItem in my case).

I then register the skins with the skins tool.

Now my 'Market Item' type shows up, and the security tab from the root
indicates that members and managers can 'Add Market Item' (my security).

However, when I log into the CMF, click My Stuff, then New, 'Market Item'
does not show up.

What else am I missing?  Is there another file system based product tutorial
for the CMF other than CMFBoringProduct?

TIA - Scott