[Zope-CMF] Moving CMF Site from Linux to Windows

Sebastien Bigaret Sebastien.Bigaret@inqual.com
09 Oct 2001 13:25:02 +0200

   Marc,

> I've got problems by moving my cmf site (with the full "local.fs" or just
> with zexp-import) to a windows installation. I use RedHat 7 and Win98 (both
> with Zope240).
>
> The problem is, that the standard folders in the portal_skin-tool like
> "generic" are empty! Not my custom folders, only the standard ones!

This problem bite me last week: the problem is that the 'Filesystem Directory
Views' 's path should be like 'folder1/folder2' on linux, and
'folder1\folder2' for windows.

  You can edit all your fs directory views properties and change all '/' with
'\' -- everything will be fine again.

Alternatively I proposed a patch here:
  http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2001-October/010048.html
which works fine for me -- but nobody but me ever says that there were no
unwanted side-effects, hmmm...
  What it does is change DirectoryViewSurrogate to update the underlying path
  whenever it needs to (you'll have to pack the database afterwards, since it
  makes it 'a bit' grow --depending on how much fs-dir.views are updated).

        Hope this helps, regards,

-- SB aka Big.