[Zope-CMF] Where is metadata case insensitivity?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Tue, 09 Oct 2001 07:32:22 -0400

Loren Stafford wrote:

> I think I'll modify Topics to AND Subject search arguments. But before I do
> that I think it would be good to make Subject searches case insensitive
> (eliminating a major reason for ORing). But I don't see where case
> insensitivity is implemented in all the CMF Catalog, ZCatalog, or Catalog
> code, nor why Subject indexes should be case sensitive while others are not.
>
> Can someone illuminate and point me to the right part of the source?

Someone (I hope not me, this time) has misled you;  the Subject index is
*not* case insensitive.  It would be fairly easy to do:  customize the
'metadata_edit' Python Script to case flatten the Subject values before
saving them.  Might not be desirable in all cases, as it is a "lossy"
transform.

Tres.