[Zope-CMF] Compound elements

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:09:18 +0100

* Tres Seaver <tseaver@zope.com> [011010 16:13]:
> seb bacon wrote:
> >>I'd like to ask about the status of compound documents,
> >>since they are scheduled for CMF 1.2, which I understand is forthcoming
> >>(sort of).

> We have definitely commissioned the task for the CMF 1.2 release, but
> have not yet begun the effort to generalize the consulting work we have
> done.  What we *do* have is Jeffrey's "inception" document for composite
> (my preferred term) / compound (Paul's preferred term) content:
>
>   http://cmf.zope.org/rqmts/proposals/compounds/compoundproposal.txt
>
> I had originally planned to branch 1.2 for release by the end of October;
> a number of other priorities have interfered, and I am re-evaluating that
> goal.

I already saw Jeffrey's document, which I thought summed up the
problems very well.  I think my solution is appropriately generalized,
so what would my best route be for taking it forward?  It meets most
of the requirements Jeffrey outlines, and I have scheduled it for
completion within 10 working days.

If anyone has any feedback about how I'm doing it, please let me
know.  The mail I wrote last week was probably really hard to follow,
but it's very hard to describe, IMO.  I'd particularly like to be
involved in any generalising effort, when you get round to it.

Unless anyone suggests otherwise, I'm going to get on with it, and
I'll probably release a version towards the end of next week.

seb