[Zope-CMF] Re: Grokking Zope-CMF

Dethe Elza delza@alliances.org
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 21:07:49 -0700

Hi folks,

The recent discussion begun by Bryan Field-Elliot's question, and
carried on by Seb Bacon and Tres Seaver's answers, is very helpful, by
far the best description of what the Zope CMF *is* and is *for* that
I've yet seen.  I agree fully with Bryan that the existing
site/wiki/docs are hard to fathom, and even the answers Seb gives leave
a lot unanswered to my earlier question ("What does CMF add that Zope
doesn't have?").  For instance, Seb mentions undoing, multiple user
interfaces, and roles-based security, which are all characteristics of
vanilla Zope.

Still, this is a great start and if the Wiki and documentation were
focussed around these key areas it would be easier for newcomers to
Zope-CMF to get started (and understand why they should) and to help
spread the word of Zope-CMF more widely in the CMF field.

Thanks for the toehold, now I can get climbing!

--Dethe

--

Dethe Elza (delza@burningtiger.com)
Chief Mad Scientist