[Zope-CMF] meta_type != content_meta_type

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:20:08 +0100

Hi,

When I create a new TypeInformation 'MyFoo', based on an
existing class 'Foo', but with its own meta_type 'My Foo',
instances of it do not appear in lists such as contentValues().

This is because contentValues() passes a list of meta_types for
objectValues() to filter by.  The list passed from contentValues() is
a list of content_meta_types (i.e. 'My Foo'); but objectValues()
compares it to meta_types (i.e. 'Foo').

This seems wrong to me; I'd have thought an instance's meta_type
should be the same as its Type's content_meta_type.  Am I missing
something here?

seb

p.s. sorry if this is a dupe message, my client crashed as I hit
'send'.