[Zope-CMF] Backup problem.

Josef Albert Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 16:57:10 -0000

I have a CMF site installed on a linux server and I'd like to work on
it from a local copy on my Windows based PC, so, I woudn't modify the
original copy.

I copy the "Data.fs" file from the linux server to my PC Zope's
instalation. Then I start Zope and try to browse all the site. I can
see all the contents and products, but whenever I try to create a new
product, I get the following error:

BEGIN ERROR MESSAGE--->

Error Type: NameError
Error Value: metadata_edit

This resource may be trying to reference a nonexistent object or
variable metadata_edit.
The URL may be incorrect.
The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File C:\Programme\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 223,
in publish_module
  File C:\Programme\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 187,
in publish
  File C:\Programme\Zope\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: DynamicType)
  File C:\Programme\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 171,
in publish
  File C:\Programme\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 160,
in mapply
    (Object: editDone)
  File C:\Programme\Zope\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 112,
in call_object
    (Object: editDone)
  File C:\Programme\Zope\lib\python\OFS\DTMLMethod.py, line 189, in
__call__
    (Object: editDone)
  File C:\Programme\Zope\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_String.py,
line 540, in __call__
    (Object: editDone)
  File C:\Programme\Zope\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_Util.py, line
339, in review    (Object: metadata_edit
(title=jobTitle,description=jobDescription,expiration_date=jobExpirati
on))
    (Info: jobTitle)
  File <string>, line 0, in ?
NameError: (see above)

END ERROR MESSAGE--->

I don't know why it happens. On my original instalation, it doesn't
occur.

Did I forget something?

Thanks in advanced,
Josef.

PS: This is just a suggestion to the CMF developers: Why don't you
include a FAQ about doing this? I think it would be very useful
because many people would like to do it and don't know how.