[Zope-CMF] 3 days in, 3 newbie questions ...

darran.edmundson@anu.edu.au darran.edmundson@anu.edu.au
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:08:04 GMT

Dear CMF-Zopistas,

I've been Zoping for a couple of years now but only recently
started looking at the CMF/PTK.  I'm starting in on my first
customizations and migrating some useful ZClasses over.  If
you'd be so kind, a couple of questions though:

1) I'd like each member to be able to maintain their own
   contact details (mailnig address, phone numbers, etc.).
   It's tempting to add these fields to the properties tab
   of the portal_memberdata tool.  I imagine getting clobbered
   though on the next CMF update ...

2) Related to the above, I notice that in the personalize_form,
   there's a commented-out loop over
       member.propertysheets.CommonProperties.propertyIds()
   I can't actually find this propertysheet but would it be the
   preferred place to add such data?

3) Am I right in thinking that the "element policies" in the
   portal_metadata tool are not enforced?  For example, requiring
   subject and enforcing the vocab don't seem to occur in my CMF
   site.

Many thanks in advance.  The more I play with CMF, the more
I kick myself for staying away until now.

Cheers,
Darran.