[Zope-CMF] Complex sorting on Zcatalogs.

Josef Albert Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 21:30:12 -0000

Sorry for this question which for some of you could be very simple,
but I tried to find the answer on the Zope's website by giving the
keywords: ZCatalog, sorting and sort, but I found nothing. I just
found that it isn't possible with the original "dtml-in" tag and that
there is a testing patch which permits to do it. I guess that it
isn't possible with ZCatalogs. Anyway, correct me if I am wrong.

I would like to make search on a Zcatalog and sort it on two or more
field indexes. For example:

objects=catalog(
          {
           'meta_type'       : pType,
           'review_state'    : pStatus,
           'sort_on'         : ['personTitle','personName'],
          }
        )

I tried it but it didn't work.
What is the correct sintax?